CALL NOW FOR HELP414-296-9105

Locally owned since 1993

Marriage and Fiancé Visas

Marriage and Fiance Visa Lawyer in Milwaukee, WI

US citizens residing in Milwaukee who wish to bring in their foreign fiances and wives, international students who have fallen in love with a U.S. citizen while studying on a J-1 or F-1 student visa, and married couples who want to become lawful permanent residents are some of our clients in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

  • Visa Attorneys in Milwaukee, WI
  • The United States Visa Application Procedure
  • Overstaying Your Visa
  • Get Yourself a Visa Lawyer Now to Guide You

Whether you’re a resident of the United States or a non-citizen looking to immigrate to the US, our Milwaukee immigration attorneys can help you.

The United States Visa Application Procedure

Immigrants and tourists who wish to visit the United States may apply for a wide variety of visas. Our immigration law firm helps clients from Wisconsin and overseas choose the visa that best fits their needs and assists them in meeting the required documents to be eligible.

A knowledgeable, experienced, and reasonably priced immigration attorney in Milwaukee can assist you regardless of whether you are in the country unlawfully or want to come for a visit. Immigrating on one’s own may be a complicated process. Just ring us, and we’ll take care of the rest. Having our immigration attorneys on your side means you’ll spend less time and money processing your visa application.

Requirements for a Marriage Visa

A U.S. citizen or legal resident spouse may apply for a Marriage Visa to enter the United States and live with their new spouse. Marriage visas are divided into singles and couples categories—the CR1 and the IR1 Marriage Visas. Below are the prerequisites for a marriage visa:

  • A valid passport
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Application for Immigrant visa and Alien registration
  • Two 2×2″ photographs
  • Completed medical examination forms
  • Birth Certificate
  • Court and prison record
  • Military records
  • Police certificates

Call our Milwaukee fiance visa lawyers today if you need assistance in getting any of the required documents for your marriage visa.

Requirements for K1 Visa Permit

One of the most common types of visas given to foreign nationals engaged to be married in the United States is the K1 Fiancée Visa (also known as a K1 Visa or Fiance Visa). The fiancée must wed her petitioner (also known as the sponsor) in the United States within ninety days upon arrival. To legally bring your fiancé into the United States, a K1 visa may be the best and quickest option for a U.S. citizen.

Here are the requirements for a K1 visa:

  • All pertinent visa applications, including two nonimmigrant visa applications: one nonimmigrant fiancé visa application and an application for an immigrant visa and alien registration.
  • A passport
  • Divorce or death certificates of any previous marriages for both parties
  • Medical examination papers
  • Proof that you can financially support yourself or an affidavit of support may have to be filed by the U.S. citizen
  • Evidence of relationship with U.S. citizen fiancé
  • Two passport-style photos

Need assistance with your fiance visa application? Our experienced fiance visa attorneys in serving Milwaukee and surrounding Wisconsin areas can help you prepare your documents and get legal status today! Fill out the form to schedule your free consultation.

How are U.S. visas classified?

There are two types of visas in the United States- tourist and work visas.

To permanently reside in the United States, immigrants must obtain an immigrant visa provided by the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) and other government organizations. Immigrants who get an immigration visa are almost always granted a Green Card.

A nonimmigrant visa is to let visitors from outside the country enter the U.S temporarily. Nonimmigrant visas include travel visas, student visas, and numerous work visas.

Business or pleasure visitors may apply for B-1, and B-2 visas sometimes referred to as visitor visas. Six months to a year is the typical duration a nonimmigrant visa is given for this type. 

What happens if I overstay my visa?

Most individuals who obtain illegal status in the United States do so by overstaying their visas. Overstaying your visa is a serious immigration violation that can prevent you from re-entering the United States. If you want to stay legal and remain eligible to renew your visa, you must know the expiration date. If you’re going to renew your visa, you should start the process about six months before the expiration date if you work with an immigration attorney. If you are renewing your visa on your own, you should start working on the process earlier.

Can I get a visa extension?

“Can I extend or renew my visa?” has been a common question our immigration lawyers received. Our typical answer is, “It depends.”

Many visas have time limits. It all depends on the situation. Each visa has its own requirements for a visa’s validity period extension. While some visas may be renewed after a two- to three-year hiatus, others require a period of absence from the country before you can make a new application.

Disqualification from Re-Entry as a Person with an Illegal Status

You begin to accrue unlawful status on the first day of your illegal stay in the United States. Contact one of our immigration lawyers in Wisconsin immediately if you have overstayed your visa. You are here illegally. As best, we may be of help.

If you’ve been staying in the country illegally for less than six months, you may face a three-year ban on re-entering the U.S. If you’ve been in the country unlawfully for more than six months, you might face a 10-year ban on re-entering. You may temporarily lift your illegal status under particular circumstances. If this is the case, you will be granted a temporary waiver.

Immigration waivers are covered in more detail in a separate portion of our website, but you’re more likely to succeed if you’re in touch with an experienced immigration attorney.

Can I change from nonimmigrant to immigrant visa?

A change of status from non-immigrant to immigrant is a frequent process for foreign nationals in the United States. If the requirements are met, you may convert certain nonimmigrant visas into immigrant visas. It is possible to change your status in the United States in certain situations, but it is not possible for all visas. You may learn more about changing your status on this page, but best to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer first.

Get Yourself a Fiance Visa Lawyer Now!

There are many other types of visas aside from those commonly mentioned visas above.  If you do not see a match for the visa you require, worry no more, our immigration attorneys can still assist you.

Give us a call today and speak with Wisconsin immigration attorneys about your specific situation. The initial immigration consultation is free. Schedule an appointment now.

Miller & Miller Immigration2
Sidebar Form

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Popup form

Reservar una cita

Appointment - Spanish

Book an Appointment


Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]