Complete Guide To Form I-539 Filing
Filling out Form I-539 is an important step for non-immigrants living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who wish to change their status or extend their stay in the United States. However, the process can be complex and confusing, and mistakes can have serious consequences. It is essential to understand the requirements and tips on filling out form I-539 and how an immigration lawyer can help.
A Milwaukee immigration lawyer at Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys has the knowledge and experience to navigate the legal complexities of the Form I-539 process and can provide guidance to increase your chances of a successful outcome. We treat every application equally and with urgency. Schedule a free initial consultation today and start filling out your Form I-539 with confidence and peace of mind.
Why do I need a Milwaukee Immigration Lawyer?
In order to increase the chances of a successful outcome, it is important to work with an experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer. Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys are a highly respected firm that is committed to helping clients navigate the Form I-539 process. Here are the qualities of Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys:
- Experience: Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys have a wealth of experience in handling Form I-539 applications and are well-versed in the latest immigration laws and regulations.
- Knowledge: We are knowledgeable in immigration law and know how to advise clients on the best course of action for their unique circumstances.
- Attention to Detail: The legal team at Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys pays close attention to detail when reviewing and preparing Form I-539 applications.
- Responsiveness: We understand the importance of timely communication and are committed to providing regular updates on the status of your application and addressing any questions or concerns you may have.
- Professionalism: The law firm of Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys is highly professional and dedicated to providing their clients with the highest level of service.
If you are unsure about how to fill out Form I-539 for your immigration case, look no further than Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys! Don’t let mistakes on your Form I-539 delay or negatively impact your immigration status. Our team of experienced immigration lawyers has put together a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the complexities of this process. Contact us today!
What are the Tips on Filling Out Form I-539?
The following are the tips on filling out form I-539 to get a higher chance of a successful outcome and avoid delays in the process.
Make sure you are eligible to use Form I-539.
First, it is important to understand that Form I-539 is administered by the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The form is used by non-immigrants who are already living in the United States and wish to change their status or extend their stay. It’s important to note that Form I-539 cannot be used to apply for initial entry into the United States or to apply for an immigrant visa.
Another important eligibility requirement is that the applicant must be the principal applicant. The principal applicant is the person who is requesting the change of status or extension of stay, and their spouse and children (if applicable) are considered dependents. The principal applicant must submit Form I-539 for themselves and each dependent.
Gather all documents needed before filling out the form
When it comes to tips on filling out Form I 539 Milwaukee WI, it’s important to gather all necessary documents before beginning the process.
Some documents that may be required when filling out Form I-539 include:
- A valid passport for each applicant: This is required for all nonimmigrants, regardless of their current status.
- Form I 765 (Application for Employment Authorization): If you are requesting an extension of stay and wish to work while your application is pending, you will need to submit this form along with Form I-539.
- Scanned pages of your passport and any previous visas: These will be used to verify your identity and past immigration history.
- Proof of your current nonimmigrant status: This could be a copy of your Form I-94, which is the Arrival/Departure Record issued by the Department of Homeland Security upon entry to the United States.
- Proof of the relationship between you and any family member who will be included in your application (if applicable): This could be a marriage certificate or birth certificate.
- Additional information and/or supporting documents: Depending on your specific case, you may need to provide additional information or documents to demonstrate your eligibility for a change or extension of status.
It’s important to note that the above list is not exhaustive and that the specific documents required may vary depending on your individual case. For this reason, it’s recommended that you consult with an immigration attorney like Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys before you begin the process of filling out Form I-539.
Fill out the form completely and accurately.
When filling out the form, make sure to print clearly and use black ink. Provide accurate and complete information, including your mailing address, F-1 student information, and any additional information required by the form. Be sure to sign the form and include the appropriate fee by credit card, money order, or check.
Additionally, it’s important to double-check your application before submitting it and to make sure that all the information is accurate and up-to-date and that all the necessary documents are included.
Keep a copy of the form and documents.
Once you have completed the form and gathered all of the necessary documents, it is important to keep a copy of everything for your records. This includes the form itself, as well as any scanned pages or photographs of documents that you have submitted. This will be useful in case you need to reference the information later or if there are any issues with your application.
Track your Application Status
Finally, it’s important to track your application status. You can do this by visiting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website and entering your application number. This will give you the most up-to-date information on the status of your application and when you can expect to receive a decision.
Call our Milwaukee Immigration Lawyer Now!
The process of filling out Form I-539 can be complicated and confusing. It is important to make sure you are eligible to use the form, gather all necessary documents, fill out the form completely and accurately, keep a copy of the form and documents, and track your application status.
Are you in need of assistance with filling out Form I-539 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Look no further than Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys. Our experienced team can guide you through the process and ensure that your application is completed accurately and efficiently.
We also cover green card applications, US citizen applications, Family immigration, and many more. Don’t let the stress of navigating the immigration system get in the way of your dreams. Contact Miller & Miller Immigration Attorneys today to schedule a free initial consultation and take the first step towards a successful outcome for your case.